At E3Adventures we understand that trying to deliver the requirements for the Expedition section of the award can be time consuming, stressful and difficult within a busy curriculum. We provide safe, high quality and effective expeditions that are tailored to meet your needs, examples of how we do this can be seen below.
- Comprehensive pre-expedition paperwork pack for participants and parents, including consent forms and kit lists etc.
- Assistance with expedition paperwork.
Training materials and helpful handouts for participants.
Supervision throughout the expeditions from experienced and friendly instructors.
Accredited assessors for the qualifying expedition.
Stoves, Pans and Fuel
First Aid Kits and emergency phones
Maps and compass
What isn’t included:
- Insurance (other than Public Liability Insurance)
- Personal Equipment. (In general it is expected that participants provide their own personal equipment, however we recognise that in some instances that this is not possible and we have some equipment that we hire out, contact us for more information)
Some schools do some of the training themselves but where there are often aspects of the Gold Training Framework that you might want help with, we can do much of this local to you at £20 per pupil per day with the remainder being covered on day 1 of the practice expedition time. (see our Training page)
Typical Delivery Option
A Gold walking package typically takes place over 2 weeks but can be arranged to fit your needs.
- 4 days, 1 day training in North Wales followed by a 3 day practice expedition
- 4 day assessed expedition in the Lake District
Typical cost for 2017 £360
Please note that it is a DofE requirement that for the assessed expedition there is an ‘acclimatisation day’, this means that you will need to travel the day before and spend some time getting used to the assessment location. This day and the accommodation for that night are usually arranged by schools themselves.
Whatever your need we would be happy to talk to you about how we can help, please fill in the contact form and we will get back to you ASAP.
If you are not doing your expedition with us but want to see an example how we try and make getting all the information and forms as easy as possible for you try our Test School page, your password is Test