For individuals who need to complete their expeditions we run several Open expeditions, in order to complete the Bronze Expedition section you first need to complete a programme of training followed by sufficient practice to hone your skills. Once you have completed all of your training you then need to plan and undertake a 2 day qualifying expedition
Open Training/Practice expeditions
At Bronze level you do not have to do a practice expedition, however you do have to do enough training AND have enough experience to undertake your qualifying expedition. We reccomend that unless you have sufficient experience navigating and camping from elsewhere, such as guides, scouts or cadets, then you should attend our Training/Practice expedition.
Open Qualifying expeditions
Ready for your qualifying expedition?
For these expeditions we provide:
- Pre-expedition information pack with lots of helpful advice, kit lists etc.
- Camping fees for the expedition.
- Supervision from experienced and helpful instructors.
- Accredited Assessors for the qualifying expedition
- Stoves, pans and fuel
- Group shelters
- Group first aid kits and emergency phone